Become an Assessor
The A2LA corps of conformity assessment professionals are committed to providing a comprehensive, technical accreditation experience.
Interested in becoming an assessor with the premier accreditation body in the United States? If you have the following accreditation job qualifications, A2LA wants to hear from you:
- You are a peer expert with approximately 10 years of direct experience.
- You communicate effectively; verbally and in writing.
- You demonstrate the leadership, poise, tact, persistence, integrity, maturity, and other personal attributes necessary to carry out assessments.
For consideration, complete the A2LA A308 – Assessor Application and Information Questionnaire and submit the completed application along with your resume to Mr. Trace McInturff, A2LA Vice President of Accreditation Services, at tmcinturff@A2LA.org
Our corps of conformity assessment professionals are committed to providing a comprehensive, technical accreditation experience.
Assessor Disciplines and Vacancies
A2LA currently offers accreditation in the following disciplines:
- ISO/IEC 17025 – Testing and Calibration
- Acoustics and vibration
- Construction materials
- Information technology
- Sustainable energy
- ISO/IEC 17020 – Inspection Body Accreditation
- ISO 15189 – Medical Testing Accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17065 – Product Certification Accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17043 – Proficiency Testing Provider Accreditation
- ISO 17034 – Reference Material Producer Accreditation
- ISO 20387 – Biobank Accreditation
We are currently seeking experienced professionals in the following areas:
- ISO/IEC 17025 assessors for the following areas/programs:
- Automotive—“shake ‘n bake” (acoustics, vibration, climatics, electrical)
- Calibration (all disciplines)
- Construction materials
- Environmental (with Drinking Water Certification)
- ISO/IEC 17020 assessors for the following areas/programs
- Special inspection (International Building Code Chapter 17) – work experience in Clark
County (NV), New York City, and/or Philadelphia is a plus
- Electrical inspection (NFPA 790/791)
- ISO 15189/CLIA assessors for the following areas/programs:
- Medical assessors for all medical disciplines/sub-disciplines with an emphasis on Clinical Pathologists
- Forensic assessors – ISO/IEC 17020 and ISO/IEC 17025 (bloodstain pattern analysis, fire investigation, latent prints, medicolegal death investigation, questioned documents, shoe/tire impressions, shooting reconstruction, trace evidence)