The A2LA Environmental Testing Accreditation Program serves a wide range of users and includes a number of location- and agency-specific subprograms.
The environmental field of accreditation covers testing bodies in the following areas:
- Drinking water
- Non-potable water
- Environmental lead
This program has also been specifically designed to meet the needs of federal and state government agencies.
- ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the Accreditation of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- Specific program requirements for all environmental testing laboratories, which include industry-specific requirements from the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAC) standard.
The following environmental subprograms have additional, specific requirements for accreditation.
- EPA National Lead Laboratory Accreditation Program (NLLAP)
- Texas DOH Indoor Air Quality Testing Program
- Kentucky Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program
- Wyoming Storage Tank Remediation (STR) Program
- DoD Environmental Laboratory Accreditation
- A2LA TNI Field Sampling and Measurement Organization (FSMO) Accreditation Program
- Air Emission Testing Bodies (AETBs) Assessment Program
- DoD Advanced Geophysical Classification Accreditation Program (DAGCAP)
- DOE Consolidated Audit Program (DOECAP) – Accreditation Program
- California ELAP Laboratory Assessment Program
- State Environmental Laboratory Assessment Program