A2LA is recognized by the NIST/NVCASE program as an accreditation body for certification bodies that certify products related to telecommunications equipment.
A Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB) is an accredited product certification body with the authority to issue Grants of Certification for compliance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations.
A2LA is recognized by the National Institute of Standards and Technology National Voluntary Conformity Assessment Systems Evaluation (NIST/NVCASE) program as an accreditor of certification bodies that certify products related to telecommunications equipment. This recognition enables accredited TCBs to certify that specified telecommunication equipment satisfies designated foreign or domestic government regulatory requirements.
This specialty program is covered under the A2LA Product Certification Accreditation Program.
The A2LA Scope of Recognition through NIST/NVCASE includes the following regulatory requirements:
- FCC Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB) Program
- Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada under the APEC TEL MRA Phase II
- Singapore’s Info-Communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) under APEC TEL MRA Phase II
- Hong Kong’s Office of Communications Authority (OFCA) under the APEC TEL MRA Phase II
- Japan: Telecommunication Business Act and Radio Law (MIC) under US-Japan MRA