Become an A2LA Accreditation Council Member
A2LA continually seeks volunteers to serve on its Accreditation Council (AC). The AC is the A2LA committee responsible for reviewing accreditation packages and rendering decisions on the accredited status of organizations that apply to A2LA for accreditation. AC members gain many personal and professional benefits, such as the following:
- A sense of accomplishment that they are contributing to the improved quality and accuracy of data coming from A2LA-accredited organizations
- Up-to-date knowledge of constantly evolving accreditation requirements
- The opportunity to work with A2LA in other capacities (i.e. as an assessor, on the Criteria Council, etc.)
- Honorary A2LA membership, with voting rights at the annual meeting of the Association and for election of the A2LA Board of Directors.
AC members are expected to accept responsibility in reviewing accreditation reports and returning ballots. On average, AC members can expect to review one accreditation package per month, each review typically taking about one hour to complete. Members are requested to return their votes in a timely manner (normally within 7 days), utilizing A2LA's on-line balloting system.
A2LA currently offers accreditation in the following areas/disciplines:
- ISO/IEC 17025 - Testing (Acoustics & Vibration; Biological; Chemical; Construction Materials; Electrical; Environmental; Forensics; Geotechnical; Information Technology; Mechanical; Nondestructive; Sustainable Energy; and Thermal) and Calibration
- ISO/IEC 17020 - Inspection Body Accreditation
- ISO 15189 and CLIA - Clinical Testing Accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17065 - Product Certification Accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17043 - Proficiency Testing Provider Accreditation
- ISO 17034 - Reference Material Provider Accreditation
If you are a subject matter expert in any of these areas with at least five (5) years of direct experience, possess well-developed skills in evaluating and analyzing written and verbal communication, and have the ability to exercise independent and objective judgment, A2LA wants to hear from you.
For consideration or for additional information about the A2LA Accreditation Council, please contact Mr. Adam Gouker, General Manager, Accreditation Services, at agouker@A2LA.org, with a copy of your resume.